[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings/ruby/qtruby

Davor Ocelic docelic at spinlocksolutions.com
Thu Dec 11 12:50:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 11:45:14AM +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2008 22:07:06 Davor Ocelic wrote:
> > It works great on both Ruby 1.8 and 1.9.
> Only just noticed this - does that mean that qtruby just builds with Ruby 1.9
> and nothing needs to be changed?

Almost, some things still need to be changed, but nothing major.

I used the Qt Ruby 1.9 patch from
http://napalm.sf.cz/qt4-qtruby-ruby1.9.patch

Most of it isn't needed any more (works the way it is), only 3 things
in there are needed:

 - UTF8 change (and removal of KCODE)
 - RSTRING(rs)->len into RSTRING_LEN(rs) and the likes
 - s/rb_frame_last_func/rb_frame_callee/

For the KCODE & UTF thing I'm not sure, but I suppose the other
two could be taken care of with a simple define and/or version
check to do the right thing.

Regards,
-doc