[Kde-bindings] QtRuby crashes (2)

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Nov 21 09:41:33 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 02:59:47 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
> This is still related to
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-bindings&m=119438557809008&w=2
>
> I did future investigate the crash and did note, that shortly before the
> crash the QHash's detach-state changes from detached to not detached. Some
> more tests did show up, that the QHash (or better parts of it) got
> destroyed during the cleanup. Now I could provide some more details why it
> wasn't visible before I jumped into that (K_GLOBAL_STATIC etc.), why it
> happens with QHash and not QMap (QAtomic*), etc. but let's make it short;
> attached is another patch that fixes the crash by using Q_GLOBAL_STATIC
> which does take care of that situation. Ok to commit?
Yes, please do. Excellent stuff - that for all the investigating. And you've
even found out why it didn't happen with QMap. I'll have to read up on what
using Q_GLOBAL_STATIC is all about.

We've had trouble with Qyoto crashing on exit too, and I wonder if it's for
the same reason. I assume we still have the problem of embedded QtRuby code
in kross crashing, and the unexplained memory corruption of Ruby Plasma
applets though.