richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:18:10 UTC 2007
On Sunday 04 March 2007, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> SVN commit 639361 by ctennis:
> Okay, this is a pretty intrusive commit.
> Basically, I've reworked the system a bit to try and use the cmake
> variables a little more properly.
> First, I've moved the qtdbus headers into header_list and removed the
> corresponding stuff from the .pl files. We can determine if the QtDbus
> stuff is installed via cmake now.
> Second, I've commented out the call to grab_qglobal_symbols in
> qtguess.pl.cmake. I can't see what it's actually helping to do anymore
> since we can use the compilation test to determine where there are QT_NO or
> QT_ defines. Moreso, the latest versions of Qt define license information
> in QT_EDITION variables in qglobal.h, and this subroutine cannot read them
> properly and parse them. This causes build failures due to errors about
> "QtLicenseForModule". Not calling this method anymore fixes these errors
> and doesn't seem to change the overall way things are built as best as I
> can tell.
> Third, all of the headers in header_list have had the prefix directory
> stripped and I've reverted to the simple .h name. This is because we can
> grab each of the individual package directories from cmake, and for
> frameworked directories this makes things nicer.
> Fourth, I've recommented out a lot of the excludes in generate.pl.cmake.
> I've actually been successful in getting smoke to build with some of these
> headers, so I thought perhaps starting over from scratch would be good
> here. We can re-uncomment them out as needed.
> Last, I've reworked some of the build system items in CMakeLists.txt. This
> is again to be somewhat smart of how cmake is able to figure out things for
> I've tested this on OSX (Framework Qt 4.2.2) and Linux (normal Qt-4.2.2)
> and it builds, compiles, and links on both. That's not to say I didn't
> make a mistake, or overlook something eggregious. Please let me know if I
> did, hopefully in a nice way.
> CCMAIL: kde-bindings at kde.org
> M +29 -30 CMakeLists.txt
> M +32 -52 generate.pl.cmake
> M +312 -299 header_list
> D qtdbus_header_list
> M +1 -1 qtguess.pl.cmake
Yes, that all looks good - it will be nice to get the framework version of Qt
working on Mac OS X. I think cmake tests should make qtguess.pl obsolete. The
only problem I have is that the QtDBus lib isn't being added to the Qt libs
and I get a link failure. QtDBus doesn't end up in
smoke/qt/CMakeFiles/smokeqt.dir/link.txt and I can't really see why.
More information about the Kde-bindings