[Kde-bindings] cleaning up smoke

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:43:36 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 March 2007, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> 1) When qtguess.pl and generate.pl are created, they don't have
> execute permissions, so they fail to run:
>
> [  4%] Generating smokedata.cpp, x_1.cpp, x_2.cpp, x_3.cpp, x_4.cpp,
> x_5.cpp, x_6.cpp, x_7.cpp, x_8.cpp, x_9.cpp, x_10.cpp, x_11.cpp,
> x_12.cpp, x_13.cpp, x_14.cpp, x_15.cpp, x_16.cpp, x_17.cpp, x_18.cpp,
> x_19.cpp, x_20.cpp
> /bin/sh: line 1: /Users/caleb/qyoto/kdebindings/smoke/qt/qtguess.pl:
> Permission denied
>
> We need a cmake guru to fix that I suppose
The problem is that the default KDE build finds perl, but if you just use Qt
only cmake stuff it doesn't. Because ${PERL} doesn't get set up
as '/usr/bin/perl' the only way to run the perl scripts is to make them
executable. So we need this in smoke/qt/CMakeLists.txt:

IF(NOT PERL_FOUND)
    FIND_PACKAGE(PERL REQUIRED)
ENDIF(NOT PERL_FOUND)

The other problem is that cmake builds qtruby4.so whereas ruby expects it to
be called qtruby4.bundle. So we just need to make cmake installs the bundle
version as an install target. I copied Thomas's FindRuby script from kdelibs
to kdebindings/cmake/modules too.