[Kde-bindings] cleaning up smoke

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Sat Mar 3 15:23:41 UTC 2007

To follow up, here's a list of problems I'm finding:

1) When qtguess.pl and generate.pl are created, they don't have
execute permissions, so they fail to run:

[  4%] Generating smokedata.cpp, x_1.cpp, x_2.cpp, x_3.cpp, x_4.cpp,
x_5.cpp, x_6.cpp, x_7.cpp, x_8.cpp, x_9.cpp, x_10.cpp, x_11.cpp,
x_12.cpp, x_13.cpp, x_14.cpp, x_15.cpp, x_16.cpp, x_17.cpp, x_18.cpp,
x_19.cpp, x_20.cpp
/bin/sh: line 1: /Users/caleb/qyoto/kdebindings/smoke/qt/qtguess.pl:
Permission denied

We need a cmake guru to fix that I suppose

2) When Qt is installed a framework, the headers don't all go into /
usr/include.  They are in /Library/Frameworks/QtXXX.framework/Headers
where the XXX is each of the individual Qt packages.  This directory
is obtainable from cmake variables, like @QT_QTCORE_INCLUDE_DIR@, but
as is it seems that we're assuming they're all in /usr/include.  The
header_list file unfortunately reflects that, as it contains things
like QtCore/QCoreApplication, which doesn't work for the framework
structure unfortunately.

I'm also not much of a perl guru, so fixing the .pl files is probably
beyond what I can do.

3) The "my $ccmd" line in qtguess.pl needs to link in
@QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY@ and @QT_QTCORE_LIBRARY at .  Unfortunately, for me
the latter expands to "-framework QtCore;-lpthread".  The spurious
semicolon causes the whole thing to fall apart.  Again, it's getting
picked up via FindQt4.cmake somehow, but I'm not sure why.

Any cmake gurus subscribed that can help on these issues?

Thanks,
Caleb