[Kde-bindings] Qyoto release

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Thu Jun 21 17:27:40 UTC 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007, Vladimir Lushnikov wrote:
> Great idea!
>
> If there was an installer for Qyoto (for both .net framework 2.0 and
> mono) on Windows, then I'm sure many developers would consider using Qt
> instead of Winforms... In short, it would be excellent to have something
> for Windows that doesn't require a build process and isn't too fiddly. :-)
The Windows clr doesn't use utf8 for its strings by default, whereas mono does
and so I think we would need to redo our string marshalling to work with
windows. At the moment the string marshalling isn't too efficient and so that
would be no bad thing. If we pick up some windows programmers on the project
who know about windows installers it would certainly be nice to have a
pre-packaged solution. But with cmake it isn't too hard to build.

> Btw: Anyone had any success with the Webkit Qt port and C# yet?
No not yet - is it fully working - I don't know much about it?