[Kde-bindings] KDE/kdebindings

David Canar davidcanar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:34:18 UTC 2007

On 6/5/07, Richard Dale <rdale at foton.es> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 June 2007, Arno Rehn wrote:

> > > Yes that sounds a good idea, although I'm not sure what the mono people
> > > think of Qt/KDE bindings. Maybe you or Arno know them better than me, and
> > > could adapt the KDE dot news article and press release for that? I'll
> > > write something this evening if I have time, but am a bit busy and so it
> > > might be tomorrow evening.
> >
> > I don't know them either but from what I've heard are the mono people
> > open-minded and don't just look at stuff that has to do with gnome ;-).
> > I think if we give something to Miguel de Icaza, he might even put it up on
> > Monologue (http://www.go-mono.com/monologue).
> Well I think our own Qt/KDE 'supporters' are the biggest problem when trying
> to have rational discussions about mono and a Qyoto release.

Some of them are but in the same way there are some GNOME users that
also oppose to MONO. Anyways, they haven't experienced how much nicer
is to program in C# compared to C (in my opinion).
I sent an email to Miguel de Icaza, and I told him about the project
and that we would like to have a small space in mono-project and here
is his answer:
---------
Congratulations on the work!   These are great news!

We use the MediaWiki markup, if you can provide us with the text we can
upload that, I think we might want:

	* A page for the project (we can give you an account so you can
	  maintain that)

	* To update the "Toolkits" page

	* List it on the Libraries section (we will need a blurb for
	  this).

Miguel.

So he is very willing to helps us put something there and give us an
account to maintain. I could write something (or collect something
from Richard's blogs and speeches about Qyoto) for those pages (even
though my English is so horrible I don't know if you want me to :)) If
you have suggestions/contributions on what would be nice to put on
those pages I could collect everything and send it to Miguel so he
could help us publishing it.
Please let me know.

David.