[Kde-bindings] playground/bindings/kimono

Richard Dale richard.j.dale at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 22:18:07 UTC 2007

Hi Arno

On Saturday 24 February 2007, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Saturday 24 February 2007, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > * Added ReadProperty and WriteProperty classes. Now custom properties can
> >   be accessed via Property() and SetProperty() (and dbus?). However there
> > seems to be a problem with marshalling, see FIXMEs in the code. The
> > workaround should work as well as with marshalling, though.
>
> OK, I've just had a look at the code - I'm not sure you need to involve
> QVariants. I'll try doing it with the normal marshalling and see if I can
> get it to work.
>
> > * Autogeneration of Q_PROPERTY signatures and types now works properly.
> > * Flags of properties should now be set correctly.
>
> Excellent! One more important feature to tick off on the TODO list.
The good news is that properties can be set and got over dbus. The bad news is
that I had to revert the recent changes to the way QMetaObjects are created
to get it to work. I'm not sure that I understand what bug you were fixing as
I'd never noticed duplicate slot entries being created. In QObject.cs there
is this condition:

                [SmokeMethod("metaObject", "()", "")]
                public virtual QMetaObject MetaObject() {
                        if (Qyoto.IsSmokeClass(GetType())) {
                                return ProxyQObject().MetaObject();
                        } else {
                                return Qyoto.GetMetaObject(this);
                        }
                }

Which should have catered for the problem of QMetaObjects being created twice
for Smoke classes, rather than subclasses of Smoke classes, I would have
thought.