[Kde-bindings] Moving the Qyoto C# bindings from playground to kdebindings

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed Apr 11 15:10:27 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 11. April 2007 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Tuesday 10 April 2007, David Canar wrote:
> > On 4/10/07, Richard Dale <richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > > The Qyoto bindings are nearly complete and ready for a first release. I
> > > would like to move them from the playground/bindings/kimono to
> > > kdebindings/csharp/qyoto, and start work on the 'Kimono' bindings for
> > > the KDE classes in csharp/kimono.
> >
> > Those are great news! Thanks!
True, this is really great :-)

> OK, I'll probably move the project tomorrow if nobody objects. I was going
> to keep the project structure as it is, with these changes:
>
> - Move the uics to qyoto/tools
> - Move the sources like Qyoto.cs, SmokeInvocation.cs, qyoto.cpp etc to
> qyoto/src
> - Add files like INSTALL, AUTHORS and COPYING to the top level
>
> It might be possible to do a release in about two weeks, and then we can
> finally start using David's qyoto.org site (and put the release package on
> there?). If it isn't ready in a couple of weeks I'm going on holiday until
> the middle of May, and so we would be able to do the release at the end of
> May or so. As well as the software, we'll need to do a release announcement
> to send to kde-announce and a story on KDE Dot News. We should do a short
> summary of how things like slots/signals/properties are implemented, and
> how the C# api differs from the C++ one.
>
> I need to implement 'out' argument types, and maybe there are some
> marshallers missing, and we should test marshallers for GCHandle leaks. But
> I can't think of anything much more that we need to do for a first release.
I found out about a little bug in the GetHashCode() stuff of the Qyoto
classes. When you call the method of certain classes, e.g. QTextBlock, the
whole app segfaults with no further output. I would just return the real
pointer to the underlying C++ object, this would always be unique and would
work, wouldn't it?

arno at arnorehn.de