[Kde-bindings] Moving the Qyoto C# bindings from playground to kdebindings

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Apr 11 09:37:47 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007, David Canar wrote:
> On 4/10/07, Richard Dale <richard_dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > The Qyoto bindings are nearly complete and ready for a first release. I
> > would like to move them from the playground/bindings/kimono to
> > kdebindings/csharp/qyoto, and start work on the 'Kimono' bindings for the
> > KDE classes in csharp/kimono.
>
> Those are great news! Thanks!
OK, I'll probably move the project tomorrow if nobody objects. I was going to
keep the project structure as it is, with these changes:

- Move the uics to qyoto/tools
- Move the sources like Qyoto.cs, SmokeInvocation.cs, qyoto.cpp etc to
qyoto/src
- Add files like INSTALL, AUTHORS and COPYING to the top level

It might be possible to do a release in about two weeks, and then we can
finally start using David's qyoto.org site (and put the release package on
there?). If it isn't ready in a couple of weeks I'm going on holiday until
the middle of May, and so we would be able to do the release at the end of
May or so. As well as the software, we'll need to do a release announcement
to send to kde-announce and a story on KDE Dot News. We should do a short
summary of how things like slots/signals/properties are implemented, and how
the C# api differs from the C++ one.

I need to implement 'out' argument types, and maybe there are some marshallers
missing, and we should test marshallers for GCHandle leaks. But I can't think
of anything much more that we need to do for a first release.