[Kde-bindings] Smoke for KDE4

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 17 19:32:27 UTC 2006

On 10/16/06, Paulo J. Matos <pocm at soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can't seem to find a way to build smoke for KDE4. I'm looking into
> kdebindings SVN but no cmake/configure utility files. How can I do
> this?

Well, this evening has been a great adventure. As someone wishing to
create bindings for KDE4 I went on to build kdebindings svn, naively
thinking that would be easy.
(with the help of David Faure and comments from Thiago)
- I pulled SVN, no way to make.
- Had to get unsermake from kdenonbeta trunk, make -f Makefile.cvs worked.
- Tried to configure. Couldn't detect libQtGui_debug. After a billion
symlinks in qt-unstable/lib dir I got it right.
- Configure went on and stopped due to its search for kdewidgets.la...
but kdewidgets.la don't exist anymore since KDE4 doesn't seem to use
.la. Edited admin/acinclude.m4.in.
- Configure went on and finished to what seem to be... successful.
- make doesn't work:
kdebindings $ make
WARNING: use unsermake instead of make or use a wrapper script, e.g. makeobj!!!
/home/kdedev/unsermake/unsermake all
ERROR:dcopperl/Makefile: FULLPERL defined twice
smoke/kde/Makefile.am: there are dependencies for the source file
x_1.cpp without
 rules to generate it. This should most probably read as
 dependencies for the object file.

and quite some other errors like this... Is there a way out of here?
If I try to proceed to build smoke (that's the only thing I need):
(after qtguess.pl which was already run by configure)
kdebindings/smoke/qt $ ./generate.pl
Found 'qtdefines'. Reading preprocessor symbols from there...
kalyptus: no input files.

Please... any suggestions?

Regards,

Paulo Matos