[Kde-bindings] kdebindings in KDE trunk: how to move forward

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Mon Nov 20 20:17:43 UTC 2006

> Sounds good to me, but I don't really have much opinion either way. What
> about lightweight scripting projects for dbus like we had for dcop - should
> they go in a separate 'dbus-scriptiing' directory or under
> kdebindings/ruby, kdebindings/python etc?

I think so, yes.  Mostly I think what annoyed me the most about the way things
were is that configure checks for lots of extra stuff that isn't necessary if
you're only building one set of bindings.  For example, I don't need it to
search for a C# compiler if I'm just installing QtRuby.  Those specific
checks can be in the individual subdirectory, so you can install the project
for the language of your choice.

Caleb