[Kde-bindings] Cannot execute the Qt4-Ruby dbus-examples

Richard Dale rdale at foton.es
Wed Nov 15 10:30:11 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 09:51, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> Moin
>
> Ok, I was using the Qtbindings provided by KUbuntu Edgy Eft. It seems they
> don't include dbus-support.
> Currently I am fighting with compiling kde-bindings. Nothing is ported to
> CMake yet and it seems autohell is worse then I remembered ;-) It doesn't
> find Qt4.2, I had to install unsermake, automake and autoconf, m4 and
> whatnot...
>
> Richard: Am I really supposed to use the old "make -f Makefile.cvs
> && ./configure && unsermake" thing or is there another way to compile
> Qt4-ruby?
I would download QtRuby 1.4.7 from the RubyForge Korundum site as it's easier
to build, and doesn't require unsermake, kde4 or link against the Qt4 debug
libraries. I haven't changed anything much in the svn since it was released.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/korundum/

You build it by setting up $QTDIR to point to the Qt4 libs, and type:

$ configure --enable-qtdbus=yes
$ make