[Kde-bindings] qt3qyoto update

Arno Rehn arno at arnorehn.de
Wed May 31 14:13:46 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 30. Mai 2006 23:22 schrieb Richard Dale:
> On Tuesday 30 May 2006 21:59, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just updated qt3qyoto with the patches from Paolo.
> > The patch is too large for the mailinglist, so I uploaded it:
> > http://www.arnorehn.de/programming/qt3fix.diff
> > Please invoke 'patch' with -p1, because I don't know how to make 'diff'
> > produce a patch which you can be used with -p0 ;)
>
> OK thanks, I've added that. Quite a few of the sources were changed - does
> the code generation still work with Qt3?

Uhm, more or less it works. I tried to regenerate the code with the current
trunk version of kalyptus, but a lot of classes weren't created correctly. I
chose to write a small boo-script that just removes all the
'CreateSignalsProxy()' things. The code for setting up 'Q_EMIT' I've just
copied from the Qt4 version.

And I know about the problem with the differences between the Qt4 and Qt3
MetaObjects. I came across that when uncommenting the necessary lines in
qt3qyoto.cpp. But I can call 'QObject.MetaObject()' and it returns something.

I did this just for fun and when I think a bit about it, it doesn't make much
sense anymore to work on the Qt3 version. It is more important to work on the
Qt4 version right now. When Qt4 works quite well we can still think about
backporting it to Qt3 (if we finish this before KDE 4 comes out).

--
MfG
Arno Rehn
arno at arnorehn.de