[Kde-bindings] qt3qyoto update

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 31 10:50:40 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 21:59, Arno Rehn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just updated qt3qyoto with the patches from Paolo.
> The patch is too large for the mailinglist, so I uploaded it:
> http://www.arnorehn.de/programming/qt3fix.diff
> Please invoke 'patch' with -p1, because I don't know how to make 'diff'
> produce a patch which you can be used with -p0 ;)
Actually, looking at the code in qt3qyoto/Qyoto.cs, you need to change it to
create a Qt3 QMetaObject as they are completely different to the Qt4 version.
The Qt4 one has a byte array of null terminated strings, with another array
of ints which give the start offsets of the strings within the byte array.
The Qt3 one doesn't work like that, and so you would need to look at the Qt3
version of QtRuby to see how the calls to the C functions in qt3qyoto.cpp
should work. Those C calls look reasonably correct, but will need some
changes I think. I'm not sure how much work it's worth putting into the Qt3
Qyoto port, but that's up to you.

The main other differences between Qt3 and Qt4 Qyoto will be in the
marshallers, and they are the main thing that needs doing once QMetaObject
creation and custom signal invocation is working. For instance, QStrings are
marsalled via 'char *''s at the moment, and that really needs changing to use
a utf8 pointer instead. Then we need to work out how to marshall C++ lists to
and from C# ArrayLists.