[Kde-bindings] Errors compiling KEditListBox.java in svn source

Kevin Gilbert kev.gilbert at cdu.edu.au
Wed Oct 26 02:38:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I get an error compiling the svn source for
kdebindings-3.4.92/kdejava/koala/org/kde/koala/KEditListBox.java.

I don't know how this file is generated, but the statement at line 27 is

==============

	public static final int All = Add|Remove|UpDown;

==============

which is before the definitions of Add, Remove and UpDown. This causes the
following errors:

==============

KEditListBox.java:27: illegal forward reference
        public static final int All = Add|Remove|UpDown;
                                      ^
KEditListBox.java:27: illegal forward reference
        public static final int All = Add|Remove|UpDown;
                                          ^
KEditListBox.java:27: illegal forward reference
        public static final int All = Add|Remove|UpDown;
                                                 ^
3 errors

Moving that line down after those definitions corrects the errors - but as
this file is generated it does not solve the problem. I'll leave that issue
in the more capable hands of those who know what they're doing.

Cheers,

Kevin