[Kde-bindings] QtRuby compile error

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 08:17:39 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 20:15, Lieven De Keyzer wrote:
> Did Alex already mentioned something? If so, you'll send it to the mailing
> list?
He got my mail ok, but I haven't heard from him - so I assume he's forgotten
what the problem was.

The executables 'qtrubyinit' and 'krubyinit' are only needed as a workround if
it isn't possible to start qtruby and korundum programs with 'ruby <program
name>' from the command line. That happens if Qt or ruby have been built with
a toolchain that isn't quite right. I've never personally needed to use them.
So they can be removed from qtruby/bin/Makefile.am and
korundum/bin/Makefile.am.

The kdebindings configure script uses these 'ruby -r rbconfig' commands to get
the details of the ruby configuration. These are the values that I get:

ruby -r rbconfig -e 'printf("%s",Config::CONFIG["archdir"])'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/powerpc-linux

ruby -r rbconfig -e 'printf("%s",Config::CONFIG["sitearchdir"])'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/powerpc-linux

ruby -r rbconfig -e 'printf("%s",Config::CONFIG["sitelibdir"])'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8

ruby -r rbconfig -e 'printf("%s",Config::CONFIG["libdir"])'
/usr/lib

ruby -r rbconfig -e 'printf("%s",Config::CONFIG["LIBRUBYARG_SHARED"])'
-lruby

What values does your ruby installation give?