[Kde-bindings] QtRuby File menu vanishing

Mark Somerville mark at scottishclimbs.com
Tue Jun 21 11:28:44 UTC 2005

I have had this problem in a couple of QtRuby applications that I've written
and haven't got a clue what is causing it. The menu appears and operates fine
when the program is first started. However, after a seemingly random (1-15)
GUI events (button presses, widget resizing...), the file menu vanishes,
never to be seen again. If there are other menus too, then they sometimes
vanish too.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? Does anyone know what is causing
it?

My code is quite straightforward, so I suspect it's a problem somewhere else.

filemenu = Qt::PopupMenu.new
filemenu.insertItem("&Quit", self, SLOT('quit()'))
menu = menuBar()
menu.insertItem("&File", filemenu)

Any clues?

Thanks,