[Kde-bindings] Updating the KDE PyQt to use QScintilla ruby syntax highlighting

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 7 15:36:25 UTC 2005

Hi Simon

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 16:10, Simon Edwards wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Tuesday 07 June 2005 13:31, Richard Dale wrote:
> > However, the problem is that the version of PyQt in the KDE svn is 3.13,
> > and it doesn't have a SIP file for the ruby synax highlighting. I tried
> > to copy the SIP files from the pyqt 3.14.1 qtext module to the svn
> > version, but I couldn't get it to build.
>
> What went wrong with the build?

sip/qtext/qextscintillabase.sip: In function `sipWrapperType*
   sipSubClass_QextScintillaBase(void*)':
sip/qtext/qextscintillabase.sip:822: error: `sipClass_QextScintillaLexerLua'
   undeclared (first use this function)
sip/qtext/qextscintillabase.sip:829: error: `sipClass_QextScintillaLexerRuby'
   undeclared (first use this function)

Even though the %Include directives are there:

%Include qextscintillalexerlua.sip
%Include qextscintillalexerperl.sip
%Include qextscintillalexerpython.sip
%Include qextscintillalexerruby.sip

> I believe the Ruby debugger is also supported in Erci3 now...
Yes, there are some minor issues to sort out with debugging qtruby programs
that I've discussed, but I'm impressed. As it showcases both the PyQt/PyKDE
bindings (I didn't know it can have KDE widgets for instance), and the ruby
bindings, and it is a KDE app do you think we should submit a story to kde
dot news?

> > Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? It
> > would be very useful for people to be able to use Eric3/Ruby with the
> > standard version of PyKDE that comes in kdebindings.
>
> I've kind of got a policy of updating the copy of the python bindings from
> upstream, just before KDE releases. So that stuff should appear in
> kdebindings for 3.5. Speaking of which, has anyone seen a release schedule
> for 3.5?
>
> Your other options Richard, are to build SIP/PyQt/PyKDE or find packages.
> (If 3.5 is imminent then I could just update the copy...)
It works fine with the PyKDE snapshot and PyQt 3.14.1 and sip 4.2.1.