[Kde-bindings] Compilation problem of smoke

Caleb Tennis caleb at gentoo.org
Mon Feb 21 18:53:01 UTC 2005

> Am I right in thinking all these bug reports only apply to Gentoo? It looks
> to me as though there might be something wrong with the way Gentoo builds
> kdelibs perhaps.
>
> I can certainly build Smoke fine and have never seen this problem, although
> I added the linker option for $(LIB_KIO) as Caleb Tennis suggested.

It's quite possibly a Gentoo specific problem.  The above fixed my build then,
but I can now recreate the error.  The only thing that seems to stand out to
me is that "KNotifyWidgetBase" shows a lowercase "t" when looking at
libkio.so via nm, whereas most other widget classes show an uppercase "T".

The last reporter said he was using KDE from CVS.  Perhaps it could also be a
gcc 3.4.3 issue, or some compiler flags setting?