[Kde-bindings] KFileTreeView and Korundum

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 22 13:34:11 UTC 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 12:28, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> On Friday 16 December 2005 17:43, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I think you were using the api wrongly - I don't know where it's
> > documented, but I'm pretty sure I've worked it out looking at the code.
> Thanks, that was it :) (took me a while to find time to continue working on
> it).
> The original C++ version actually used it the right way, but for some
> reason, my first translation didn't work out well, so I rewrote that part
> from scratch and that was the result :(
I see. I used the kdevelop debugger to examine the slots/signals connections 
to find the bug. Set a breakpoint when it creates the branch and look in the 
'receivers' item to see what the branch's signals are connected to - the way 
it was originally it didn't have the signals connected correctly.

> It's anyway strange what it does when it's not loaded correctly, one
> wouldn't expect it to be able to kill the entire ruby interpreter.
Well, it's really a bug in the C++ api - it should report a fatal error and 
quit if you don't go via addBranch()

-- Richard

More information about the Kde-bindings mailing list