[Kde-bindings] license question

Kevin Brown blargity at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 04:23:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 22:16, Marcus wrote:
> I did just recall one comment from Trolltech a while back. I have not seen
> the terms of their commercial license, but they essentially told me that
> their commercial license would not permit users to develop products that
> compete with Qt itself and that bindings would fall into that category.

You're not Trolltech, I get that, but this does beg the question:

If you must purchase a commercial license to BOTH Qt AND whatever bindings
you're using to do a commercial Qt app in anything but C++, then how can they
claim that the bindings are competing with them?  I've never heard of any
bindings claiming to be a replacement for Qt, nor could they be.  You
purchase just Qt or both, meaning no matter what they get their cut.