[Kde-bindings] license question

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 07:51:29 UTC 2005

For my part:

Smoke itself is licensed under the two-clause BSD license (smoke
consists of little more than smoke.h, but it's a universal component).
The kalyptus-to-smoke code generator was partially derived from a
primitive parser I posted to this list many years ago into the public
domain. The current version is LGPLed by the KDE project.

PerlQt-3 was released under the same terms as Perl, which is a
dual-licensing of the GPL and Artistic license, so using the GPL rather
than the LGPL there is part of the Perl culture.

Ashley Winters