[Kde-bindings] license question

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Dec 20 06:59:55 UTC 2005

On Monday 19 December 2005 21:41, Marcus wrote:
> Why do language bindings have to be GPL, but KDE's libraries are LGPL?

In fact bindings *can* be LGPL for the same reasons and with the same
implications at the 'normal' KDE libraries.

LGPL means that the bindings can be used with GPL code. (LGPL is explicitly
compatible with the GPL). And LGPL bindings can also be used with the
commercially licenced Qt.

There is always dual licensing too.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/