[Kde-bindings] KFileTreeView and Korundum

Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò flameeyes at gentoo.org
Thu Dec 15 16:21:50 UTC 2005

okay, I've tried debugging this myself but seems like I'm not good enough.
I'm having problems with KDigest and the KFileTreeView right now.
When I first open a file with it, the @allDirs KFileTreeView instance is 
disabled and re-enabled (after loading the data in the file); at that point, 
if I open the tree at the right, I see th animations starting but never 
stopping, and after a few click, I get the ruby instance killed by PAX (if I 
disable PAX, it seems to continue, but that might mean it calls unknown 
code); the stack trace is:

#0  0x0000000000a962b0 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000311ddf702389 in KFileTreeView::slotExpanded (this=0xa28d50,
    item=0xb28540) at kfiletreeview.cpp:304
#2  0x0000311ddf702590 in KFileTreeView::qt_invoke (this=0xa28d50, _id=112,
    _o=0x7071b371e500) at kfiletreeview.moc:347
#3  0x0000311ddd986f84 in x_KFileTreeView::x_3 ()
   from /usr/kde/3.5/lib64/libsmokekde.so.1
#4  0x0000311ddcc8bb92 in MethodCall::callMethod ()
   from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum.so
#5  0x0000311ddcc8bc87 in MethodCall::next ()
   from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum.so
#6  0x0000311ddcc883b6 in set_obj_info ()
   from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum.so
#7  0x0000311ddbcbb1d1 in rb_call0 () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#8  0x0000311ddbcbbad2 in rb_call () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#9  0x0000311ddbcc336c in method_missing () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#10 0x0000311ddbcbbc1a in rb_call () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#11 0x0000311ddbcc3492 in rb_call_super () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#12 0x0000311ddcc8a89b in getmetainfo ()
   from /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/x86_64-linux/korundum.so
#13 0x0000311ddbcbb1d1 in rb_call0 () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#14 0x0000311ddbcbbad2 in rb_call () from /usr/lib64/libruby18.so.1.8
#15 0x0000311ddcc8c3e4 in VirtualMethodCall::callMethod ()

[I still have to rebuild smoke/qtruby/korundum with debug enabled, so the rest 
of the calls are without line numbers]

I have no idea how to debug this further... pipacs from PAX team suggested 
that it might have been a problem with the virtual populate() call (having it 
NULL-ified for some reason), but I have no way to confirm this yet.

Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-bindings/attachments/20051215/cd9334ad/attachment.sig>

More information about the Kde-bindings mailing list