[Kde-bindings] rbkdesh

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 14 11:09:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 13 December 2005 10:09, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> I'm trying to get a hold of a disturbing problem with KDigest and the
> FileTreeView instance I have there (but that's another story), so I tried
> issuing one in rbkdesh but it does look as it's fine.
>
> Whenever I try to use rbkdesh to create a KDE widget, it does segfault:
>
> flame at enterprise ~ $ rbkdesh
> /usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:649: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-01) [x86_64-linux]
>
> Aborted
>

> Am I missing something again? :)
I've had a look at the code (I had forgotten all about it), and all it does if
it's called rbkdesh instead of rbqtsh is to require 'Korundum' instead of
require 'Qt'. So that means it creates an instance of a Qt::Application,
rather than a KDE::Application and you can't create KDE widgets. So really we
need to copy the source to korundum/bin and do a proper KDE version.