[Kde-bindings] Still problems with Korundum and Ruby 1.8.4

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 19:25:26 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 18:19, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Hi,
> While the patch applied by Caleb to Gentoo's qtruby made it work with ruby
> 1.8.4 for qt-only cases, korundum-based apps still does not work.
> Adding a few puts before and after the super calls, on Korundum based apps,
> like KDigest or xmlmenudemo.rb file in examples, only the puts before super
> works, while in canvastest.rb (from qtruby examples), I get two times the
> before super puts, and then one time the after super.
> Just changing the "Require 'Qt'" like to "Require 'Korundum'" in
> cavastest.rb makes it fail.
>
> All worked fine with ruby 1.8.3.
Have you re-compiled and re-linked Korundum against the new version of QtRuby?
Maybe that is the problem, it works fine for me with tutorial t14.rb with
require 'Korundum' or the xmlmenudemo.rb example.

Any code before super will get executed twice, so you shouldn't normally put
any there unless you can't avoid it, which doesn't happen very often. Maybe
that should be mentioned in the docs, I'm not sure if it is at the moment.