[Kde-bindings] Mac OS X/Qt 3.3.4 apps stuck at screen top left

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 11:03:17 UTC 2005

I've just built the Free Edition of Qt 3.3.4 on Mac OS X 10.3.8, and I'm
having a strange problem with some apps. For instance, if I try the Qt
Designer 'colortool' example it doesn't appear in its own window, but gets
stuck at the top left of the screen under the menu. But if I start Qt
Designer it works fine. Is this a known problem?

I built Qt with these configuration options:

./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl
-no-exceptions -fast

I had another problem with the qt-mac-free-3.3.4.tar.gz version - it unzipped
ok, but the tar file seemed to be too old, and didn't unpack correctly:

tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

The .bz2 version was fine though.