[Kde-bindings] qtruby installation on macosx

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 10:54:19 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 06 April 2005 13:22, jm wrote:
> bingo! upgraded to 3.3.4 ran through the qt-ruby install again and it
> works.
Excellent!

> I'm seeing something similar to  what you are. The script is not
> starting as a separate application nor I can't get it to be the the top
> window. I'm guessing these things are related and this is where rubyw
> (mentioned at the bottom of the INSTALL file) comes in? Is there
> another way?
You need to build rubyw to get the menus working for an app started  from the
command line. There are some spurious question marks in the INSTALL
instructions for rubyw - ignore them. I'll remove them.

I don't think this is a problem for qtruby, because the C++ colortool behaved
exactly the same. I've just tried Qt Designer and that works fine, so it
doesn't seem to be every app.

-- Richard