[Kde-bindings] qtruby installation on macosx

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 03:10:13 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 05 April 2005 01:22, jm wrote:
> On 04/04/2005, at 6:48 PM, Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Monday 04 April 2005 06:22, jm wrote:
> >> This is what happens when installing with the supplied directions from
> >> the INSTALL file. (error at bottom of post).
> >> vtable for QHttpResponseHeader referenced from libsmokeqt expected to
> >> be defined in libqt.3.dylib
> >> make: *** [qtruby.bundle] Error 1
> >
> > This looks to me as though you have two incompatible Qt versions
> > installed, so
> > the headers used to generate the Smoke library don't correspond to
> > what the
> > linker finds. Is that possible?
> >
> > -- Richard
>
> No I've only installed QT once, a while ago now, in
> /Developer/qt/mac/free-3.3.2  with a link from /Developer/qt. I was
> going to post the configure parameters used to compile it. Does anyone
> on this list know how to extract them?
>
> also,
>
> QTDIR=/Developer/qt
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /Developer/qt/lib
> PATH includes /Developer/qt/bin
I've just built ruby 1.8.2, qt-mac-free-3.3.4 and qtruby-1.0.8 according to
the instructions. I used these options to build Qt in /Developer/qt (as per
qtruby/INSTALL):

./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl
-no-exceptions -fast

I had a problem with qt-mac-free-3.3.4.tar.gz - it seemed to be corrupt, and I
had to download the .bz2 version instead. I followed the Qt INSTALL
instructions exactly.

I built and installed ruby into /usr/local with 'configure; make ; make
install'

I built and installed the Smoke library with a 'sudo make' command to install
it into /usr/lib. Then built qtruby.bundle and qui.bundle and installed those
fine too. I built the 'rubyw' executable.

I tried the tutorial examples t1 and t14, and they were fine.

But when I ran the designer example 'colortool', it didn't appear in its own
window, but was stuck at the top left of the screen under the menu. I tried
to C++ version and it was exactly the same though. So there seems to be some
sort of bug in the Mac OS X version of Qt - maybe I'll mail the qt-interest
list about it.