[Kde-bindings] qtruby in compile loop

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 08:03:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 05:42, jm wrote:
> I grabbed a copy of qtruby-cvs-2004-09-19 to compile on macosx. The was
> no configure script that I could see so I did a
>
>   make -f admin/Makefile.common
>
> to generate one. Then ran
>
> ./configure --prefix=/Users/gg/ulocal/  --enable-mac
>
> followed by make. The configure script can't have run as the make file
> runs it again, and again, and again...
>
> I must have taken a wrong turn here somewhere, what should I have done?
> The INSTALL and README seem to start about one step from the package
> state.
You need to upgrade to a newer version of automake on  on Mac OS X - 1.7 or
above to cure the looping.

The instructions for building on Mac OS X are in qtruby/README.build. The
problem is that automake/autoconf don't work very well on Mac OS X, and after
the 'make -f Makefile.cvs' and configure steps you need to build the rest
using a combination of extconf.rb and qmake as described in README.build.

There is a problem with the current instructions for building the qui
extension, which I've just corrected in the CVS. It should say this:

# Build the 'qui' QWidgetFactory extension
$ cd qtruby/rubylib/designer/uilib
$ ruby extconf.rb --with-qtruby-include=../../qtruby
--with-qt-dir=/Developer/qt \
       --with-smoke-include=../../../../smoke
$ make LDSHARED="cc -dynamic -bundle
-bundle_loader ../../qtruby/qtruby.bundle"
$ make install