[Kde-bindings] qtruby compile error

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 16:30:36 UTC 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 15:44, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> > Ah.  I suspected something like that.  I had installed Ruby from the
> > RPMs, I guess the builder neglected to include libruby.so.  (configure
> > didn't complain).
>
> Manually adding:
>
> /usr/lib/libruby-static.a /lib/libcrypt.so.1
>
> at the end of the compile line forced it to compile.  The examples are
> working!  Very exciting.  :)
Good news - I looked at the automake stuff when someone asked recently on
ruby-talk about automake/autoconf use with ruby. But I really didn't
understand how it works - it just seems to be voodoo to me. Alex Kellett did
that stuff and he might know.

Thanks for doing such a good job on the text of the QtRuby/Korundum article on
kde dot news. I was interested, as a Machiavelli fan, that it didn't appear
on the www.osnews.com site or anywhere else much. So I think the April fool
about KDE adopting mono and me saying how wonderful ruby was at the expense
of C#, might have been a message to the princess and had an impact. It
confirms my belief that the Korundum RAD environment might be a disruptive
technology - fingers crossed anyway..