[Kde-bindings] Re: qtruby: Qt::TextView issue?

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 06:38:42 UTC 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 02:48, Arash Abedinzadeh wrote:
> Thanks for your replies, I guess I really should read the Qt API
> documentation. Unfortunately I don't know anything about C++, it's really
> hard for me to follow those apparently simple C++ code snippets on
> Trolltech's homepage. Although there are a couple of qtruby HOWTOs and some
> very good examples, I just can't find answers to some question regarding
> events, Qt's socket implementation and a few other things.
>
> So, my question is: Will there be a complete qtruby documentation in the
> foreseeable future? Maybe any IRC channels for qtruby beginners or forums?
Please feel free to keep asking qtruby questions on this list. There is a
#kdebindings irc channel - I'm not usually on it, but if you want to arrange
to meet up on it and sort out any problems just mail me and suggest a time.

Germain Garand wrote a very good introduction to PerlQt for non-C++
programmers where he explains just enough C++ to understand the Qt api docs.
I spent an evening translating that from perl POD to ruby RDOC once, but
managed to accidently wipe it out, and I've never got round to redoing the
work. But that would probably be the most useful thing that would help you -
I'll try and get that done again.