[Kde-bindings] KDevelop ruby support

Thibauld Favre thibauld.favre at laposte.net
Fri Oct 22 10:40:05 UTC 2004

Hi Richard,

I've seen that you've been enhancing KDevelop ruby support lately.
I wanted to give you a few feedbacks about your Korundum template :
- First, it seems weird that we have to "build" a project based on a scripting
language :) I suppose there's no choice if you want to fit in the kdevelop
framework.
- Then I had problems running the application because your class names all
begin with a small letter ("testPreferences") instead of a capital letter
("TestPreferences"). On my system, ruby refuses to execute with this type
error :
-------------------
main.rb:5:in `require': ./testiface.rb:1: class/module name must be CONSTANT
(SyntaxError)
class testIface < KDE::DCOPObject
                 ^      from main.rb:5
- Once you get rid of those errors, I'm still unable to execute the program :
main.rb:10: undefined method `I18N_NOOP' for main:Object (NoMethodError)
I suppose it's working on your system, what am I supposed to do to have it
work on mine ?

Thanks a lot for your great work !

thibs