[Kde-bindings] Qt Embedded with PerlQt and QtRuby

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue May 25 20:08:40 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 20:44, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Mardi 25 Mai 2004 20:15, Richard Dale a écrit :
> > I've been getting kalyptus to generate the SMOKE lib for Qt/E 2.3.4
> > today. It all builds fine after tweaking the code generation a bit, but
> > the way QtRuby handles signals/slots will have to be changed to matched
> > the table of pointers to functions in Qt 2.x, instead of the Qt 3 style
> > internal slot handling.
> >
> > I remember Germain saying that he'd got PerlQt working with Qt/E a whild
> > ago - so I searched Google and found this:
> >
> > https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-perl/2002-December/000572.html
> >
> > But I couldn't find the source to download on the PerlQt site - I wonder
> > if it's in the PerlQt cvs somewhere. The changes to get QtRuby with Qt
> > 2.x should be much the same, and it would be nice to borrow Germains's
> > stuff rather than start again. Anyone know anything about this?
>
> Hi Richard,
> I did indeed build an experimental PerlQt/e, but only with a Qt-3.x/e, so
> I'm afraid it won't help at all with respect to 2.x Signal/Slots...
Hi Germain

Ah - I see, I didn't realise there was a Qt-3.x/e version. I may have to go
back and look at the PerlQt 2.0 code for inspiration with the pointers to
functions stuff for the slots.

> Anyway, the pointer to the tarball is:
> http://www.phoenix-library.org/germain/smoke/PerlQte-3.005.tar.gz
>
> Having a valid SmokeQte/2.x to start with is excellent, nevertheless
Yes, I've added a '--qte' option so it knows to expand Q_OBJECT differently
and so on, eg:

$ perl kalyptus --qte --globspace -fsmoke -dtest test/*.h

I've just got the QtJava bindings working on Qt/E 2.3.4, so I thought it would
be nice to do QtRuby (and PerlQt) versions too.