[Kde-bindings] Qt Embedded with PerlQt and QtRuby

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue May 25 19:44:58 UTC 2004

Le Mardi 25 Mai 2004 20:15, Richard Dale a écrit :
> I've been getting kalyptus to generate the SMOKE lib for Qt/E 2.3.4 today.
> It all builds fine after tweaking the code generation a bit, but the way
> QtRuby handles signals/slots will have to be changed to matched the table
> of pointers to functions in Qt 2.x, instead of the Qt 3 style internal slot
> handling.
>
> I remember Germain saying that he'd got PerlQt working with Qt/E a whild
> ago - so I searched Google and found this:
>
> https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-perl/2002-December/000572.html
>
> But I couldn't find the source to download on the PerlQt site - I wonder if
> it's in the PerlQt cvs somewhere. The changes to get QtRuby with Qt 2.x
> should be much the same, and it would be nice to borrow Germains's stuff
> rather than start again. Anyone know anything about this?

Hi Richard,
I did indeed build an experimental PerlQt/e, but only with a Qt-3.x/e, so I'm
afraid it won't help at all with respect to 2.x Signal/Slots...

Anyway, the pointer to the tarball is:
http://www.phoenix-library.org/germain/smoke/PerlQte-3.005.tar.gz

Having a valid SmokeQte/2.x to start with is excellent, nevertheless

Germain