[Kde-bindings] Undefined Reference to 'typeinfo for ....

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue May 18 08:09:13 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 08:13, Fabien Renaud wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> Is there someone in the mailing-list ?
>
> I have problems to compie libqtjava.
> I have :
> qte/2.3.4
> qtjava from kdebindings 2.2.4
> xscale_le-gcc (GCC) 3.3.1
> I can compile all the files but I cannot link :
> cross-qt/qt/include/qglist.h:149: undefined reference to `typeinfo for
> QCanvasRectangle
> libs/QCanvasPolygon.o(.gnu.linkonce.d._ZTI21QCanvasPolygonJBridge+0x8):
> In function `Java_org_kde_qt_QCanvasPolygon_newQCanvasPolygon':
> /path/to/cross-qt/qt/include/qglist.h:149: undefined reference to
> `typeinfo for QCanvasPolygon'
>
> I think the problem comes from the differences between 2.3 ans 2.2 but I
> cannot change qt version and I don´t know where to find kdebindings
> 2.3.4 (and if it exists)
I'm not sure if Qt 2.3.x was even wrapped with QtJava. I've just had a look at
the ChangeLog and I could only see a mention of Qt 2.2.4 - I think that was
the last Qt 2.x version before switching to Qt 3.x.

The code generation of the kalyptus header parser tool has been rewritten and
greatly improved for the recent KDE 3.2 release, so it might be possible to
generate the bindings against the Qt 2.3.x headers. Use kalyptus from
kdebindings HEAD with a '-fjni' option against the headers, and it will
generate the .cpp and .java sources. The .h headers are generated from the
compiled java classes via javah, so they are autogenerated too.

Otherwise I would just comment out any JNI methods which cause problems
(assuming you don't need to construct QCanvasPolygons in your code).