[Kde-bindings] KDE C and Objective-C bindings now retired

Marcus mathpup at mylinuxisp.com
Sun Mar 28 00:34:44 UTC 2004

On Saturday 27 March 2004 5:17 am, Richard Dale wrote:

> How was I supposed to regenerate the C bindings for Qt 3.3, when all that
> would have happened was the Qt# build would break? How could I get the
> Objective-C bindings going again, without being able to regenerate them?

In what way would regenerating the QtC bindings break Qt#? I never saw the
regenerated bindings for QtC.

> I'm not sure what you mean by this. The java bindings have been regenerated
> ok for every KDE release since about 2.0 or so. But they have not been
> successful enough to have a critical mass of 'support community', so that
> they could still function if I temporarily disappeared/fell under a bus.

Regrettably, the Kalyptus module that generated the XML that Qt# depends upon
was lost some time ago. I did not write that module -- Adam did. And I do not
know Perl, so there was no way for me to duplicate the Kalpytus module.