[Kde-bindings] Re: py(Qt|KDE) and KDE CVS

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Tue Mar 23 21:50:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:35 am, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 08:45, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> > Simon Edwards writes:
> > > So in summary, which bindings *are* kept up to date and working?
> > > Which ones can be relied on from release to release?
> >
> > The list I'm using is:
> >
> > dcopjava
> > qtjava
> > kdejava
> > smoke
> > dcopperl
> > dcoppython
> > kjsembed
> > qtsharp
> > kalyptus
> >
> > Let me know if anything is wrong with the list above ( too much or too
> > little packages ).
> And QtRuby and Korundum of course..

So what is the policy reguarding stability and compatibility? I would kind of
expect that the bindings would have stick to similar kinds of goals as
kdelibs. i.e. backwards compatibility through the 3.x series. Of course it
might be a bit easier for script languages, as long as the API stays the same
during 3.x.

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/