[Kde-bindings] Re: py(Qt|KDE) and KDE CVS

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 09:33:40 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 22:22, Marcus wrote:
> Similarly, I haven't been able to add some methods to Qt# because QtC in
> CVS doesn't support some of the functions. :-)
>
> We should have a replacement that generates something equivalent to QtC
> soon, and it will use the same API as Qt# so that we don't have to worry
> about things getting out of sync.
I could add another option to kalyptus like '-fkimono', but generated C#
bindings that call C functions as per Qt# - would that be the fastest way of
getting some KDE classes working?

> When I tried to generate QtC a long time ago using Kalyptus, the results
> required a tremendous amount of hand-editing. Is that still the case, or
> has the C module for Kalyptus gotten to the point where it can generate
> compilable code?
No, they're still crap. It would probably take less than a week to rewrite,
and the new version would generate code that didn't need any hand fixing. But
then they don't do a lot, and Smoke just makes them look primitive.

> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 2:00 am, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I'd like to retire the QtC bindings. I haven't been able to generate them
> > for several KDE releases because the Qt# build depends on them. Because I
> > haven't been able to regenerate the C bindings, the Objective-C bindings
> > project fell apart before it was even released.
I'll probably remove the current Objective-C bindings from the CVS as a tidy
up move.