[Kde-bindings] Replace saxon.jar and xalan.jar with a link ?

Marco Ladermann Marco.Ladermann at gmx.de
Tue Jun 8 17:02:54 UTC 2004

Hi Domi,

Am Dienstag, 8. Juni 2004 14:39 schrieb Dominique Devriese:

> Ok, does anyone know where these things can be downloaded and what
> versions are needed exactly ?

Because the stylesheets make have use of the extension library
(http://exslt.org) to standard 1.0 XSL and different JDK's are provided with
old versions of xerces/xalan, I put the jars I found to work into CVS. Indeed
it is worth to discuss if we really need them. If xsltproc is installed we
have allready a fast, reliable and working xslt processor. For all those
people who want to use a pure java build system, it might be preferable to
use xalan or saxon (of course, only one of them is needed). But may be they
can download the jars as needed? I'm not sure.

In the beginning of developing the stylesheets there were havy differences
among the three processors. I needed to program around some bugs had to use
some cvs versions to get it running at all. But in the meanwhile the various
incombatibilities came to a rest and it is now sufficent to use a current
release.

Xalan 2.6.0: http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xalan-j/xalan-j-current-bin.tar.gz
Saxon 6.5.3: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/saxon/saxon6_5_3.zip

Marco