[Kde-bindings] Re: Another problem ...

Arash Abedinzadeh thunfisch at thunfisch.org
Sun Jun 6 11:20:03 UTC 2004

Richard Dale wrote:

> $ gdb attach <qtruby process id>
>
> Then type 'where' at the gdb prompt.  Probably it will be hanging while
> it's still loading the qtruby extension.
>
> So it sounds to me as though you have the known bug where there is an
> imcompatibility between how ruby an Qt start their threads. Have you tried
> building the 'krubyinit' binary, and starting the QtRuby app with that
> instead of ruby or irb? The source is in
> kdebindings/korundum/bin/krubyinit.cpp, and qtruby/README.1st has an
> explanation.

Hi,

I've attached the gdb output. But I'm not sure, whether it's helpful or not.
I'm not very familiar with all this debug stuff. Is it possible that I have
to enable debugging, debugging symbols or something like that and recompile
things?

I also tried to load that library with the krubyinit binary and it worked
just fine. krubyinit -r qtruby.so -e 'puts Qt::constants.sort' does what
it's suppose to do.

Is there anything else I can do? Let me know.

Regards,

Arash