[Kde-bindings] Another problem ...

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 6 09:20:30 UTC 2004

On Thursday 03 June 2004 21:12, Arash Abedinzadeh wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I commented out that "DO_NOT_COMPILE="$DO_NOT_COMPILE dcopjava qtruby
> korundum" line and the libs compiled without any problems. But when I try
> to load qtruby.so the interpreter freezes. Same thing with irb. I really
> don't know why this is so. I guess a backtrace is useless since there's no
> segfault. What can I do? Is there any way for me to get more information
> about this freezing?
Try attaching with gdb, to see where it's hanging.

$ gdb attach <qtruby process id>

Then type 'where' at the gdb prompt.  Probably it will be hanging while it's
still loading the qtruby extension.

So it sounds to me as though you have the known bug where there is an
imcompatibility between how ruby an Qt start their threads. Have you tried
building the 'krubyinit' binary, and starting the QtRuby app with that
instead of ruby or irb? The source is in
kdebindings/korundum/bin/krubyinit.cpp, and qtruby/README.1st has an
explanation.