[Kde-bindings] kde-bindings debian packaging build

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Jul 28 22:45:28 UTC 2004

Hello,

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 23:08, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> The bad news is that I have some issues with the build system in the
> python subdirectory:

> I consider this pretty bad for a KDE package or indeed any linux
> software source package I've seen already.

The stuff under python (SIP/PyQt/PyKDE) doesn't use auto* for its build
system. So there is a bit of trickery involved in making auto* invoke the
real build system.

Personally, I maintain packages of the SIP, PyQt and PyKDE outside of
kde-bindings and I haven't had any problems with the build system. It is also
packaged for quite a few other systems and I haven't seen too many complaints
about it. So I don't think it is _that_ bad. :-)

Besides, that's why we can it beta testing.

> Is anyone willing to work on
> these problems ?

Email me off-list and explain which switches etc you are using with configure
and I'll try to fix it as quickly as I can.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/