[Kde-bindings] kde-bindings debian packaging build

Dominique Devriese devriese at kde.org
Wed Jul 28 21:08:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

Kdelibs 3.2.92 reached debian experimental recently ( Thanks Chris if
you're reading this ), so I've had a chance to test out the new
kdebindings.  The good news is that it now builds properly for me.
The bad news is that I have some issues with the build system in the
python subdirectory:

1 It won't work with builddir!=srcdir.  This is pretty annoying as it
  makes it a lot more difficult to build a properly self-cleaning
  debian package.

2 It does not even clean itself properly on distclean.

I consider this pretty bad for a KDE package or indeed any linux
software source package I've seen already.  I don't really have all
too much time atm to fix these things.  Is anyone willing to work on
these problems ?

thanks
domi