[Kde-bindings] compile problem in smoke/kde

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 22 13:34:14 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 13:41, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have another compile problem in smoke/kde.
> When compiling the following code:
>
>     static void x_121(Smoke::Stack x) {
> 	x[0].s_enum = (long)KIO::HTTP_GET;
>     }
>     static void x_122(Smoke::Stack x) {
> 	x[0].s_enum = (long)KIO::HTTP_PUT;
>     }
>     static void x_123(Smoke::Stack x) {
> 	x[0].s_enum = (long)KIO::HTTP_POST;
>     }
>     static void x_124(Smoke::Stack x) {
> 	x[0].s_enum = (long)KIO::HTTP_HEAD;
>     }
>     <snip>
>
> I get the following error:
>
>     x_7.cpp: In static member function `static void
> x_KIO::x_121(Smoke::StackItem*) ':
> ".deps/x_7.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
>
> It appears the problem is a missing include of
> kdelibs/interfaces/kio/http.h ( maybe it was previously included in
> some other header ? ).  As I don't know my way around kalyptus, again,
> I don't know how to fix this...  Richard, can you help me out again ?

Here's what I replied to Andreas:

On Monday 19 July 2004 14:17, Richard Dale wrote:
> I've had a look at the difference between the kdelibs I built recently and
> the current one. There are now two headers called 'http.h' and the enum has
> moved from ./kioslave/http/http.h to interfaces/kio/http.h. You may need to
> just reconfigure kdebindings to regenerate the Smoke library. Perhaps you
> did that last before the http.h forked/moved? I'm not sure about the
> kndbgstream problem - I don't have it in my current Smoke runtime. I'll see
> what happens when I build and install the current kdelibs and regenerate
> the smoke lib from that.

And this cc'd to coolo:

On Monday 19 July 2004 18:11, Richard Dale wrote:
> I've searched the kde-core-devel list for any discussion abouit moving this
> public enum to a totally new header a few days before the beta 2 release:
>
>   /** HTTP / DAV method **/
>   // Removed to interfaces/kio/http.h
>   //enum HTTP_METHOD {HTTP_GET, HTTP_PUT, HTTP_POST, HTTP_HEAD,
> HTTP_DELETE, //                  HTTP_OPTIONS, DAV_PROPFIND, DAV_PROPPATCH,
> DAV_MKCOL, //                  DAV_COPY, DAV_MOVE, DAV_LOCK, DAV_UNLOCK,
> DAV_SEARCH };

I just reconfigured kdebindings to regenerate Smoke and it was fine. Maybe
moving pubic enums is fine, perhaps some sort of emergency.

grep include x_7.cpp | grep kio
#include <kio/jobclasses.h>
#include <kio/metainfojob.h>
#include <kio/renamedlg.h>
#include <kio/passdlg.h>
#include <kio/slavebase.h>
#include <kio/tcpslavebase.h>
#include <kio/connection.h>
#include <kio/statusbarprogress.h>
#include <kio/slave.h>
#include <kio/netaccess.h>
#include <kio/defaultprogress.h>
#include <kio/slaveconfig.h>
#include <kio/scheduler.h>
#include <kio/authinfo.h>
#include <kio/previewjob.h>
#include <kio/progressbase.h>
#include <kio/sessiondata.h>
#include <kio/davjob.h>
#include <kio/skipdlg.h>
#include <kio/http.h>
#include <kio/slaveinterface.h>
#include <kio/global.h>

When I build and install kdelibs the header 'kio/http.h' has the enum in it.
So I'm not sure exactly why it doesn't build for you.