[Kde-bindings] Re: Reverted change to inner loop arg match code

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 17:26:33 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 13:15, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 12:58:58PM +0000, Richard Dale wrote:
> > Oh dear, this looks more like a problem with the Smoke runtime to me. If
> > there are two versions of a method which only differ by constness, then
> > it should leave one of them out. I can't see any value in having both in
> > there, for either Perl or Ruby.
>
> agreed, it should just prefer the const version.
> main reason i didn't tackle the problem yet is that
> i was fearful of it being the runtime ;-)
OK, no problem done that. Here are the methods with const/non const pairs, and
there aren't that many. It isn't possible to drop virtual methods, but there
was only one of those 'KFileItem::extraData(const void*)' and so I removed
that (doesn't sound very useful anyway).

-- Richard

CSSStyleDeclaration::getPropertyValue(const DOM::DOMString&)
CSSStyleDeclaration::getPropertyCSSValue(const DOM::DOMString&)
CSSStyleDeclaration::getPropertyPriority(const DOM::DOMString&)
CSSStyleDeclaration::item(unsigned long)
KAccel::actions()
KActionCollection::kaccel()
KArchiveDirectory::entry(QString)
KFileItem::extraData(const void*)
KPopupMenu::contextMenu()
KProgressDialog::progressBar()
KProgressDialog::autoClose()
KProgressDialog::autoReset()
KProgressDialog::wasCancelled()
QChar::unicode()
QSettings::readListEntry(const QString&, bool*)
QSettings::readListEntry(const QString&, const QChar&, bool*)
QSettings::readEntry(const QString&, const QString&, bool*)
QSettings::readNumEntry(const QString&, int, bool*)
QSettings::readDoubleEntry(const QString&, double, bool*)
QSettings::readBoolEntry(const QString&, bool, bool*)
QSqlRecord::isNull(int)
QSqlRecord::isNull(const QString&)
QSqlRecord::field(int)
QSqlRecord::field(const QString&)