[Kde-bindings] Ann: Koala java bindings regenerated for KDE 3.2
Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 14:49:16 UTC 2004
Here's a summary of the improvements to the java bindings made for KDE 3.2.
I'm not sure about the current status of juic tool - maybe Marco can comment
on how that's going.
- Java bindings code generation by the 'kalyptus' tool completely rewritten
and greatly improved, with no manual edits or patches needed anymore.
- Improved the conversion of kdoc/doxygen comments to javadoc format. The
KDE 3.2 api, documentation and code snippets look excellent in javadoc.
- Operator methods are now converted, and named 'op_*', eg op_plus() for '+'
or op_write() for '<<'.
- Various friend functions in the global namespace, added as static methods
to the Qt or KDE classes. For instance, BarIconSet() is now a static method
KDE.BarIconSet(), and bitBlt() is Qt.bitBlt().
- For C++ methods with default args, all the possible java methods are
generated. Before only the variant with the least, and the variant with the
most args was generated.
- Added many new classes such as KMdi*. Removed the midi classes.
- Updated the Qt and KDE example programs to work with the current bindings
- Non const string arguments are correctly converted to StringBuffers, and
ordinary immutable QString args are still java Strings.
- The code for boolean and int arg types is now generated correctly
- More virtual method callbacks are generated than before. All methods of
type 'void foo(void)', 'bool foo(void)' and 'void foo(someobject)' in
QObject instances now have callbacks. You can subclass and override event
handlers, or standard kde 'hooks' such as KMainWindow.queryClose().
- C++ methods which were not converted, are added to the java source as
comments, flagged with a '<<<< NOT CONVERTED' label
- Deprecated methods marked KDE_DEPRECATED or with a @deprecated comment tag,
- A great number of compile warnings in the generated code have been
More information about the Kde-bindings