[Kde-bindings] RE: KDE.NET

Marcus mathpup at mylinuxisp.com
Thu Apr 22 21:54:52 UTC 2004

I'm not sure what Adam thinks because I rarely talk to him these days. Last
time I talked to him, he was involved in some compiler projects. Since you
CC'd him, your chances of hearing from him are as good as mine. :-)

I really do not know how to use autotools and libtool, so I do not know how to
make Qt# work within kdebindings. Someone would have to help me with that.
Also, some people interested in Qt# do not want to install KDE, and
kdebindings would not configure without KDE installed. Those were the main
problems.

I'm working on something that creates an equivalent to QtC in a modular
fashion, so that it could work in a 'compatibility mode' to create something
binary compatible to QtC or something else. It is not limited to Qt/KDE, but
would be able to generate glue code for any C++ library. It's just not quite
ready yet. I'm very slow. Sorry.

What would really help is a Linux equivalent of MS MC++ :-(