[Kde-bindings] RE: KDE.NET

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 22 18:33:53 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 18:29, Marcus wrote:

> I think that it would be preferable not to refer to Kimono as Qt# v2, since
> this is bound to create confusion the next version of Qt# that I work on
> becomes usable.
I'm happy to call the SMOKE based Qt bindings Qt.NET and Kimono for the KDE
ones, but then Martin has been using that name. Is that ok with Adam?

I haven't touched the kdebindings/qtsharp project in the HEAD branch or the
KDE_3_2_BRANCH. Is it ok if I copy that to kdebindings/qtdotnet and start
from there. I see nothing wrong with having multiple Qt/KDE C# bindings in
the cvs. The SMOKE approach is more experimental and might not even work out.

I'd like to agree to with you differ about the approach we'd like to take, but
I don't see the 2-3 projects in competition as they're trying to do different
things. The more stuff is going on the more people we'll attract to help out
with whichever project they fancy.

Could Qt# 0.7.1, or the latest version be added to the HEAD and release
branches. We're trying to improve the image of kdebindings, and a lot of
people are still interested in what you're doing. Could you actively maintain
them in kdebindings, with a copy on Sourceforge?

I can check the QtC bindings back in to the HEAD branch if that helps in the
short term.